Class Rules and Expectations
1. Raise your hand and wait to be called upon.
2. Do not speak while others are speaking.
3. Be in your seat and working on the arm up activity when the bell rings.
4. Remain in your assigned seat unless you have been given permission to get up.
5. Obey directions , written and oral
6. Food, drinks, and GUM are not allowed.
7. Come to class prepared to learn with all supplies and a good attitude:
a) Agenda, b) pencil, c)pens, d) textbook, and e)Notebook
8. Talk only when permitted.
9. Use polite speech and body language
10. Cheating is unacceptable
11. Do your BEST work!
Expectations I have of you:
1. Ask questions at the appropriate times when you do not understand something, or see me after class.
2. Enter the room in an orderly fashion
3. Begin the Warm-Up activity within one minute after the tardy bell.
4. Attend to personal needs before coming to class.
5. Complete all assigned work to the very best of your ability.
6. Study and prepare for test and quizzes
7. I also expect that you will be quiet while I or another classmate is speaking.
8. Homework should be completed before class begins.
9. If you are absent, you are still responsible for all the work that you miss.
10. Communicate with me as to any way I can better help you be successful in class or out of class.
11. I dismiss you not the bell.
If a student chooses not to follow the Rules and Expectations of this classroom, the following actions can be taken:
1. Verbal Warning
2. Consequences assigned by teacher in direct correlation with the choice made by the student.
3. Written Detention
4. Parent contact and /or removal from the classroom resulting in an automatic after school detention.
5. Office Referral
Parents are expected to check and sign the “Agenda /Planner” nightly. Each student should spend at least 10 minutes each night by reviewing his/her lecture notes/ work completed in class/ vocabulary words, etc. In addition , at least 3 times a week , students can expect to receive additional assignments that correspond with our current topic ,which may include ( handout, summarizing , reading, research, review for test , quizzes, Chapter / Unit Test .)
Students will be subject to the same grading scale cited in the handbook. Grades will be earned using the point system.
90 - 100 = A
80- 89 = B
70-79 = C
60-69 = D
0-59 = F
Each assignment (homework, projects, quizzes, and test) will be given a point value. Students will be informed of the point value for each assignment as they are assigned.
A daily participation grade will be given with an opportunity to earn 3 points per day. (All materials available, daily class/ home work).
Students are expected to come to class prepared with their 1) agenda, 2) pencil,
3) Notebook with homework, 4) textbook, and 5) positive attitude.
Daily work and projects that are late will be accepted at 80% of the grade earned the day following the due date.
I look forward to our working together to assure that your student has a positive learning experience.
My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact me with any concerns and I will answer as quickly as possible.
Please sign below signifying you have read and understand the classroom rules and expectations in my classroom. Only the bottom portion should be returned.
Student signature date
Please sign below signifying you have read and understand the classroom rules and expectations in my classroom.
Parent signature date